CELEBRATING 20 YEARS IN CLINICAL RESEARCH
2021 is a very special year for GCT. We have been serving pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies since 2001.
This fall, GCT turns 20!
We are thrilled by the success of our clients and partners, that we achieved together throughout these years.
We grew from the first office in Russia to running 11 operational offices across the globe offering full-service clinical trial solutions in Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Hungary, India, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Ukraine, and the USA.
We strongly believe that our employees are the reflection and the main reason behind our success. So, on this special occasion, we would like to celebrate by telling a little bit more about who we are.
Our first employee to participate is Roxana Darie, GCT General director and Director for Legal Affairs.
- When did you join GCT and how long have you been at the company? Which office are you located at?
I joined GCT in 2015. I am located in Bucharest, Romania.
- Was the job what you expected it would be?
Well, yes! I expected it to be extremely exciting and variate, and it did not disappoint at all. I love working on multiple fronts and being involved in different activities across the departments and work with a lot of people. Keeps one on his/her toes.
- What’s changed at the company since you’ve joined?
I like to think that the legal department has changed in the EU since I have arrived. I know for sure that the GDPR implementation was a success, as well as the centralization of the legal activities and negotiations. We are also preparing to transition to Voluntary Harmonization Procedure (VHP) to facilitate the application for our global trials, where multiple member states are participating.
- What is the most important part of the company culture for you?
Knowing the people behind the positions is extremely important. And I love that at GCT people are well connected.
- Can you describe an event that was particularly memorable during your career at GCT?
I guess it might have been at the last IM that was done face-to-face, where I met both old colleagues and also new faces and it was as if we knew each other for half our lives.
- What have you learned working at GCT?
- What is different compared to other places you have worked for?
I found a place where professionalism is amplified by humanity, and passion by know-how. Also, it feels like a family where everyone has their place.
- From your point of view, what does GCT’s contribution to people’s lives look like? What is the most relevant thing that we do?
Being able to offer treatments and hope to people by presenting them with the newest technologies and medicines is what is relevant in our line of work.
- What motivates you to come to work each day?
My team. Be it local, or international, I love to meet with them face-to-face and in video calls, it is always nice to see and hear them.
- What are some of your favorite activities outside of work?
I write fantasy novels, for children and not only. I love discovering foreign cultures, going to classical concerts, and would not say no to a hike any given day.
Updated: February 10, 2021
Permanent link: https://2022.gctrials.com/news/celebrating-20-years-in-clinical-research/